Fun craft idea, beautiful egg decoration.
Showcase your unique style with this adorable egg decorating kit. Turn the Easter egg into your own masterpiece!
- 5 x “Butterfly” multi-coloured felt stickers
- 5 x Multi-coloured threads
- Lace strip
- Double-sided adhesive dots
- PVA glue
- Art brush
- 6 x egg dye tablets (Red, Yellow, Blue, Orange, Purple, Green)
- 1 x Egg dipper
HOW TO DECORATE:
STEP 1. EGG DYING
- Cover your work area with paper towels or newspapers. Prepare 5 hard-boiled eggs and keep them in hot water.
- Mix 1-1.5 tablespoon of vinegar and 1-1.5 tablespoon of water in a cup. Put 1 dye tablet in the cup and stir well to let the tablet dissolve. Add 2/3 cup of hot water. Hint: Use disposable paper or plastic tall cups which can hold hot water.
- Bend the egg dipper until it clicks.
- Place the hot hard-boiled egg on the egg dipper and dip it into the dying mixture. Keep the egg in the colour liquid for up to 2-5 minutes, turning occasionally so all sides are coloured. 5. Carefully remove the egg and set aside to dry. Hint: Use disposable plastic plates to dry the dyed eggs.
STEP 2. EGG DECORATING
- Take the lace strip and cut in half, 10.5-11cm each. The lace should not be stretched while cutting.
- Using the photo as a guide, glue both lace strips to the egg keeping a distance of 7-8mm between strips. Dry for 2-3 minutes.
- Brush some glue onto the egg between strips with the art brush. Take one multi-coloured thread and reel it around the egg.
- Attach one “Butterfly” felt sticker to the egg with a double-sided adhesive dot.
Or let your imagination run wild and create your own unique design! The perfect Easter craft activity!